Neck Pain & Stiff Neck
Neck pain and stiffness is common in people of all ages and is often caused by how we use our necks.
Working all day bent over a computer, driving long distances, poor posture while standing or sitting, stress and tiredness are all factors that can cause the muscles in the neck and upper back to become tight and the joints to become stiff which can contribute to ongoing neck pain.
Sometimes a nerve in your neck can become irritated or “trapped” and cause pain in the arm going down into your shoulder or the hand, and may be accompanied by pins and needles and numbness.
Some headaches can be the result of tension or stiffness in the neck and upper back.
Osteoarthritis or age-related wear and tear in the neck can also cause muscular pain from the neck into the shoulder as well as some stiffness in moving the neck.
How can NIHP Durham help?
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your neck pain
- We can quickly start treatment that will relieve you of the pain you are suffering
- We can provide self-help techniques to do at home to help speed up your recovery
- Once we’ve sorted out the problem, we’ll give you the best advice for avoiding pain in future
We can help you get back to living life free from neck pain.
Treatment is different in every individual, and sometimes it might involve treating other areas in the body such as the hips or neck. Your body is a network of inter-connected bones, muscles and nerves.
Practitioners will use a wide range of manual treatments depending on your age, fitness and diagnosis.
Practitioners may also offer advice on your lifestyle, particularly if they feel something you are doing repetitively is part of the reason why you have neck pain. They may offer advice on your posture, diet and exercises.
Book your treatment today
- Does your neck pain stop you sleeping at night?
- Is your energy ‘zapped’ for the rest of the day?
- Has it stopped you enjoying quality time with friends and family?
- Are you sick of painkillers that are harmful to your long-term health?
- Do you want to avoid dangerous surgery and painful injections?