Headaches & Migraines
Headaches and Migraines are a common problem, and most of use will suffer at some point in our lives.
There are several reasons for headaches. Most are not serious and once the cause is established headaches can often be helped by simple changes in lifestyle. One cause can be tension or strain in the muscles and joints of the neck and upper back.
A migraine is usually a moderate or severe headache felt as a throbbing pain on 1 side of the head. Many people also have symptoms such as feeling sick, being sick and increased sensitivity to light or sound.
It may take time to work out the best treatment for you. You may need to try different types or combinations of medicines before you find the most effective ones.
Most people find that sleeping or lying in a darkened room is the best thing to do when having a headache or migraine attack. Others find that eating something helps, or they start to feel better once they have been sick.
How can NIHP Durham help?
In our personal experience, we have found Acupuncture and Bowen Therapy to be of benefit to many of our patients who experience headaches and migraines.
Gentle massage to the tight muscles and manipulation to loosen the joints of the neck, thorax and back can also relieve the build-up of muscular tension that may lead to headaches.
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your head pain
- We can quickly start treatment that will relieve you of the pain you are suffering
- We can provide self-help techniques to do at home to help speed up your recovery
- Once we’ve sorted out the problem, we’ll give you the best advice for avoiding pain in future
We can help you get back to living life free from head pain.
Treatment is different in every individual, and sometimes it might involve treating other areas in the body such as the back or neck. Your body is a network of inter-connected bones, muscles and nerves.
Practitioners will use a wide range of manual treatments depending on your age, fitness and diagnosis.
Practitioners may also offer advice on your lifestyle, particularly if they feel something you are doing repetitively is part of the reason why you have head pain. They may offer advice on your posture, diet and exercises.
Book your treatment today
- Does your head pain stop you sleeping at night?
- Is your energy ‘zapped’ for the rest of the day?
- Has it stopped you enjoying quality time with friends and family?
- Are you sick of painkillers that are harmful to your long-term health?
- Do you want to avoid dangerous surgery and painful injections?