Hand & Wrist Pain
Hand and wrist pain can be caused by anything from a trapped nerve to an underlying disease such as arthritis. Pain can sometimes be relieved by gentle manual treatment depending on the cause.
Common causes of hand or wrist pain are:
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
X-rays, scans and other tests are sometimes required to make a diagnosis and your practitioner may refer to your GP or a specialist for any additional investigations or treatment.
How can NIHP Durham help?
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your hand or wrist pain
- We can quickly start treatment that will relieve you of the pain you are suffering
- We can provide self-help techniques to do at home to help speed up your recovery
- Once we’ve sorted out the problem, we’ll give you the best advice for avoiding pain in future
We can help you get back to living life free from hand or wrist pain.
Treatment is different in every individual, and sometimes it might involve treating other areas in the body such as the hips or neck. Your body is a network of inter-connected bones, muscles and nerves.
Practitioners will use a wide range of manual treatments depending on your age, fitness and diagnosis.
Practitioners may also offer advice on your lifestyle, particularly if they feel something you are doing repetitively is part of the reason why you have hand or wrist pain. They may offer advice on your posture, diet and exercises.
Book your treatment today
- Does your hand or wrist pain stop you sleeping at night?
- Is your energy ‘zapped’ for the rest of the day?
- Has it stopped you enjoying quality time with friends and family?
- Are you sick of painkillers that are harmful to your long-term health?
- Do you want to avoid dangerous surgery and painful injections?