Tennis Elbow & Golfer’s Elbow
Elbow Pain is often due to two main conditions – tennis elbow and golfer’s elbow.
Tennis elbow causes pain and tenderness around the outside of the elbow joint, whereas golfer’s elbow causes pain around the inner side of the joint.
Tennis elbow is more common than golfer’s elbow, and both are injuries from repetitive overuse or wear and tear from any hobby, sport or activity – not just tennis or golf as the name implies. Sometimes a single injury such as a sudden unexpected tug on the forearm can cause the symptoms.
Once the pain starts, your normal activities and habits can maintain the problem.
Pre-existing problems with your neck, wrist or shoulder, that might not be painful in themselves, can make it more likely for you to suffer with tennis or golfer’s elbow. Most cases ease naturally eventually but many people seek treatment and advice.
How can NIHP Durham help?
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your elbow pain
- We can quickly start treatment that will relieve you of the pain you are suffering
- We can provide self-help techniques to do at home to help speed up your recovery
- Once we’ve sorted out the problem, we’ll give you the best advice for avoiding pain in future
We can help you get back to living life free from elbow pain.
Treatment is different in every individual, and sometimes it might involve treating other areas in the body such as the hips or neck. Your body is a network of inter-connected bones, muscles and nerves.
Practitioners will use a wide range of manual treatments depending on your age, fitness and diagnosis.
Practitioners may also offer advice on your lifestyle, particularly if they feel something you are doing repetitively is part of the reason why you have elbow pain. They may offer advice on your posture, diet and exercises.
Book your treatment today
- Does your elbow pain stop you sleeping at night?
- Is your energy ‘zapped’ for the rest of the day?
- Has it stopped you enjoying quality time with friends and family?
- Are you sick of painkillers that are harmful to your long-term health?
- Do you want to avoid dangerous surgery and painful injections?