Sports Massage in Durham
Sports Massage is a deep tissue massage that helps aid the recovery of the soft tissues of your body including muscles, ligaments and tendons, which means that anyone experiencing pain or discomfort can benefit from a sports massage – you do not have to be an athlete or take part in physical activities.
Many office workers, manual workers and those who like gardening, walking, jogging and many other pastimes can benefit from massage. These types of activities have regular and repetitive actions or motions which can lead to problems.
For example, sitting for long periods or lifting heavy objects all day can result in back pain, muscle strains or stiffness which a sports massage can relieve, and assist with rehabilitation.
- Have you injured your hamstring playing football?
- Is your back hurting after lifting weights?
- Did you pull on your shoulder swinging a racquet?
- Are you feeling the strain from sitting at a desk all day?
- Maybe your shoulders feel tight after a busy week and you just need to relax?
NIHP Durham in Sacriston can tailor your deep tissue massage to aid your recovery as quickly as possible, and get you back to what’s more important.
How can a Sports Massage help me?
The techniques used by your massage therapist have been developed to ensure that effective and efficient results are gained from each massage given. Reported benefits include:
- Ease and relax tense muscles
- Improve circulation and lymphatic flow
- Increase muscle length/ tone
- Remodel scar tissue when required
- Assist in mental preparation for sporting participation
If you are a sports performer at any level, a sports massage can be beneficial at various stages of participation. For example:
- The conditioning/ training phase
- Pre and Post competition
- During competition
- Post travel
- Injury prevention
- Injury recovery