Why Sports Therapy?
Sports Therapy ensures a stable recovery with lasting results.
Repetitive strains, prolonged postures and daily working environment can have a detrimental influence on the body’s natural movement and alignment affecting muscles, joints and fitness.
Sports Therapy at NIHP in Newcastle and Durham has a focus towards reducing pain and stiffness, and improving these with a variety of treatments including: massage, mobilisations, corrective exercises, postural conditioning to improve conditions and achieve optimal function.
Sports Therapy can help you:
- Muscular and joint aches and pains
- Alleviate and eliminate back pain, neck pain and joint pain
- Helps to strengthen and promote athletic performance
- Improve coordination, enhance endurance, increase fitness
- Enhance posture and optimise movement
- Reduce recurrence of injury
- Treat symptoms common with older age
- Improve sleep patterns
- Induce a feeling of well-being
Remedial Massage is focused to treat a variety of conditions such as muscular dysfunction, tension headaches, back and neck pain.
Deep tissue massage
A safe, effective non-invasive treatment that is used to improve the body’s circulation, stimulate lymphatic drainage to remove harmful waste products that remain with areas of prolonged tension, reduce swelling, invigorate the nervous system and improve muscle tone.
Mobilisation therapy can be used to treat pain, reduce joint stiffness and encourage range of motion by working with the central nervous system and synovium. Mobilisation therapy is a safe and very effective hands-on treatment.
Your Sports Therapy Specialists