What is Holistic Body Massage?
Holistic Body Massage is the most natural of the healing arts. It requires nothing more, or less, than the touch of one of the qualified massage therapists at Northern Integrative Health Practice in Durham.
Touch has incredible power. Without touch we close down and suffer emotionally.
With touch we open up, and nurture ourselves and others. Studies have shown that touch may reduce stress, depression and pain. It boosts our immune system, loosens us up physically and helps us express ourselves more clearly.
A holistic approach to massage may include various techniques such as Swedish, Aromatherapy, Shiatsu or Acupressure. As each client is treated on an individual basis, from week to week your massage may include a combination of these techniques.
As different strokes have different effects on your body, mind and emotions massage can be relaxing, invigorating, calming or reviving. Above all, massages at #NIHPDurham are always supportive and nurturing, and empathetic to the individual helping you to release physical as well as emotional tensions. A massage treatment may:
- Relieve muscle tension and pain
- Decrease the symptoms of stress
- Improve circulation and flexibility
- Strengthen your immune system
- Improve your overall health
- Improve the quality of your sleep
- Help us to open up and express ourselves
- Speed up trauma recovery and physical repair
What to expect at your treatment
During your first appointment, you will begin with a confidential consultation. Time will be taken for the therapist to find out about you and what you would like from your treatment.
As all treatments are tailored to your individual needs and are holistic, it is important that the therapist has an understanding of your physical, mental and emotional needs. This is time also for you to ask questions and express any concerns.
All aspects of the treatment are under your control and are discussed to ensure you are comfortable with everything that is agreed. Following this discussion a treatment plan is agreed between you and your therapist. This is the treatment you will receive in this session.
After the treatment itself there is time for you to rest, re-dress (depending on the treatment) and discuss the session with the therapist. They may also give you suggestions to assist with your ongoing well-being.
In each further session time is set aside to check how you have been and discuss your needs for the current session.
Holistic Massage Prices
- Indian Head massage (30 minutes) – £25
- Back massage (30 minutes) – £25
- Foot massage (30 minutes) – £25
- Back, Neck & Shoulders (30 minutes) – £25
- Back & back of legs (45 minutes) – £30
- Liz Earle facial (50 minutes) – £35
- Full body (60 minutes) – £35
- Reflexology (60 minutes) – £35
Your Holistic Massage Therapists in Durham